Digital Strategy Blueprint
- Assist businesses to identify digital requirements for jobs and plan to enable Territorians to take up the jobs of the future.
- Encourage Territory businesses to adopt digital capabilities through ICT industry leadership and support.
- Enable business innovation and development of new digital solutions through making many government datasets open, accessible and free to reuse.
- Support the local digital industry through working cooperatively to expand opportunities, share knowledge and attract digital specialists to supplement existing capacity in the Territory's dynamic digital sector.
- Promote proactive cyber smart practices so NT businesses can better protect their reputation and viability.
- Work with telecommunications providers and the Australian Government to improve communications infrastructure to remote communities and locations across the Territory.
- Increase Territorians' access to digital services so everyone can be engaged and included in digital opportunities.
- Investigate tailored digital communications and services that meet divergent community needs across bush and urban communities and recognising Aboriginal Culture.
- Link communities with the ICT industry and digital entrepreneurs to develop new solutions to long-standing community problems.
- Grow the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) capabilities of Territory children to ensure they have the digital skills needed for future careers or to create their own opportunities.
- Develop Territorians' digital knowledge and skills to take up new opportunities in the digital industry in the Northern Territory or to find new and better ways of doing business.
- Encourage people from all age groups, backgrounds and places across the Territory to expand their digital know-how to get the most from new technology and stay connected.
- Establish cyber security and data science education opportunities to grow these specialised and in-demand skillsets.
- Encourage greater application of digital technology at the community level.
- Make use of modern sensor systems and data analytics to better integrate activity and make it easier for people to live, work and move about in the community.
- Leverage digital innovation to progress contemporary and eco-friendly transport options.
- Improve community sustainability through digital advancements that encourage less energy and water use.
- Deliver modern government digital services that are customer-centric and simple to use.
- Reform systems and establish government ICT applications on efficient and sustainable platforms.
- Strengthen digital foundations for government and the community to effectively support and enable the digital transformation journey.
- Maintain secure government systems to protect Territorians' data.
- Make online identity verification transactions with government easy.
What will success look like?
Healthy and prosperous digital economy enabled by:
- skilled, talented and innovative local workforce
- dynamic, proactive, expert ICT industry and supportive government
- confident, agile and digitally capable local businesses across the Territory that embrace disruptive digital innovation.
Inclusive, safe and thriving Territory communities supported by:
- equitable and affordable access to the internet and mobile phone services
- digital savvy, connected and informed people across all community groups
- sustainable, clever Territory towns exploiting digital technology to enrich lives.
Responsive and engaged Territory Government evidenced by:
- strong and scalable digital foundations, protections and policy settings to leverage growth and meet Territorians' needs
- progressive digital transformation focussed on creating jobs and supporting economic development
- culture of openness, inclusion and innovation working in collaboration with local business to support the Territory community.